In a nutshell we provide an opportunity for people to share information and collaborate in a variety of ways to improve food access and urban agriculture in the area.
We do this by:
- Sharing information, experiences, skills and ideas related to local, fair food and community food growing
- Advocating for food-related issues
- Facilitating improvements to access of free/affordable & nutritious food
- Promoting healthy living, social inclusion, local food production and sustainable practices
- Maintaining an online resource and newsletter for the wider community to share the network’s information & related events
- Occasionally getting together to catch up and socialise.
We're a loosely affiliated, volunteer-run network, run by and for our members by consensus. We don’t always agree on everything but we agree on many things.
There’s no-one "in charge”. We’re volunteers. We do what we can when we have time.
MFGN emerged in 2011 and we've advocated for better food policy in Moreland and further afield ever since.