A well-known registered Beekeeper, Benedict manages the beehives and delivers educational courses at CERES. In addition he also works closely with Melbourne’s Bee Sustainable, and he also supplies the bees for Taranaki Farm – an innovative organic farming and community renewal project in the Macedon Ranges.
In this workshop you can expect to learn everything from the inner workings of a bee hive to the healing properties of raw honey; how to maintain a healthy hive; to the wonders of swarms and how to keep them in check.
What You Will Learn
- The inner workings of a bee hive
- The healing properties of raw honey
- How to maintain a healthy hive, the wonders of swarms and how to keep them in check
What You Get
- Weather permitting there will also be a hive opened to allow a hands-on demonstration
What To Bring
- Writing materials
- Washing up gloves
- Wide brim hat (not a sombrero)
What To Wear
Casual. long hair tied back, closed toe footwear
Tickets start at $105 and can be purchased from; https://weteachme.com/ceres/1001705-backyard-beekeeping-with-benedict-hughes-from-the-practical-beekeeper. You can find out more about The Practical Beekeeper by going here.