Displays and activities on the importance of bees, the promotion of urban beekeeping and the need of training of potential beekeepers.
Displays and demonstrations may include:
• working of hives by beginner and experienced beekeepers (in apiary)
• honey sales (our own and/or farm)
• frame assembly and wiring (in bee shed).
• foundation imbedding (outside the display van).
• demonstration of bee box assembly
• dry extraction display (in paddock under market marquee).
• someone giving a running commentary on what is happening in the apiary, answering bee and beekeeping questions to the public looking on.
• pollination display utilising Collingwood Children's Farm produce to highlight what bees do, along with list of what they pollinate.
Children admitted for free, gold coin requested for adults
Or contact Rob Kerr