Learn how to save heritage varieties of edible plants adapted to local conditions.
Discover seed saving skills which have sustained food production for millennia. Learn basic techniques for collecting, cleaning, drying and storing seed. Get involved and save seed which is diverse, resilient and adapted to local conditions.
What you’ll learn.
• How plants reproduce from seed
• Dry and wet seed processing techniques
• Methods for collecting, storing and labelling your seeds
• Hands on experience collecting seeds from locally adapted edible plants
What you’ll get.
• Small group size with experienced facilitator
• Detailed notes
• 6 Packets of seed to take home
For more information or to register to attend, visit whatson.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/events/seed-saving-hands-on-session
Or contact Jen Beer